Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Little Bee

We read Little Bee by Chris Cleave for our December/January selection. We'll meet January 20th to discuss.
This book received high praise from numerous sources and is a recommended book club read by many sites. It will be interesting to see what the members of our book club thought about this choice. I wrote in an email to our group that I almost didn't finish this book because it was so depressing. I'm thinking more and re-reading the beginning to determine why I was so put off by this book, compared to other books I have read about refugees. I'm not willing to give it the praise of being the best book I have ever read (far from it for me personally) but I do respect that it is a well-written novel.

Chris Cleave is a very involved writer who seems to love interacting about his work. You'll find his web site informative about the issues he addresses in Little Bee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment